This is the official blog of Marty Devine's "Back To The Drawing Board" comic strip appearing in Comics Now! magazine.
This blog will feature assorted drawings, sketches, and scripts relating to the artwork appearing in the comic strip.
There will also be bonus posts and other surprises, so check back often.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It is ALIVE! Comics Now! hits the shelves January 23rd!

It's official, COMICS NOW! #1 will be in comic shops on Wednesday, January 23rd. It was a long row to hoe, but it sounds like it will be all worth it. To celebrate, I'm going to post my rough sketch for the comic feature I submitted for issue #1. Here's the original sketch I sent to Bryan Deemer all those weeks ago.



I'll post the finished artwork for issue #1 sometime later this week. I originally submitted another gag idea, but at that time I just finished boxing some of my comics when I was struck with this gag from the clear blue. I'm a big fan of Mouseguard by David Petersen and Exterminators with art by Tony Moore. I thought, "What would happen if both of those worlds collided?" Hopefully, I captured one humorous possibility. The gag I originally submitted will be used in issue #2. Stay tuned!

No comments: